Talentum IR³ Flame Detector
The Talentum® triple Infra-Red (IR³) Flame Detector is designed to protect areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3 μm emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The IR³ Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1- 15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapor or ice.
This detector has three IR sensors which respond to different IR wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The Talentum® IR3 detector has selectable output options of relay contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.
- Excellent immunity to false sources
- Tolerant of fumes, vapors, dust and mist
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind
- Proven response to multiple fuel types
- Multi-spectrum detection
- Selectable output options
- Selectable response speed
- Selectable sensitivity levels
- No additional screens or filters necessary
- Built in auto and manual test
- Low current consumption
- Fast response to fire